Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Welcome to the Family


A little update we have a new member of our family: Jim.  Jim is a friend of ours from college and when he heard we were moving back to the area asked us if we would be interested in renting out our basement.  We said, 'absolutely!' with no hesitation. He has been a great addition to our family and Noah L-O-V-E-S him.  So just thought I would fill you in on that because I am sure I will refer to Jim from time to time!

(sunset after the thunderstorm on Sunday night)

On other events, David has started his position at Morningside with a couple weeks of trainings and has enjoyed every minute of it.  We have met some great people.  Couldn't ask for a better community.
We have settled into a church and trying to find our nitch, but it has been a long time since we have felt at peace about a church and feeling 'fed'.
Noah and I have been hanging out, while David has been at work and I am loving every moment even the struggles.  I feel good.  I will start work next week at a Preschool teacher three morning a week and Noah will be going to an in home day care near by. 
Lots of new things happening.  We are really enjoying ourselves here and I am truely at peace when I say this is home - it has been a long time since I have been able to call a place home and know that this is where I am putting down roots! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh so good to put down roots and to have Jim with you!

Angela said...

I'm glad to hear that you feel at home!

Love ya!
Angela