Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Great Grandpa!

A couple of weekends ago we were able to celebrate the birthday of my Grandpa, Noah's Great Grandpa.  It was a beautiful Fall day.  We roasted hot dogs, ate homemade pumpkin and apple pies, ate outside and enjoyed the company of family.  Noah was very excited to go to Grandma and Papa's (my parents home) and doubly (is that a word) excited to celebrate a birthday (anyone's birthday).  Noah enjoyed the day playing with cousins he barely knows but played with them like they see each other everyday, having adventures on Papa's farm, helping Great Grandpa with his presents and blowing out his candles and of course eating!
I was proud and overjoyed when my uncle gathered us up to pray before we dug into our feast when Noah after hearing the words 'let's say the blessing' started in on 'Oh the Lord is good to me'.  He didn't hesitate when no one else joined in and sang loud and clear through the whole blessing giving a excited 'Hallujah, Hallujah, AMEN!'  My heart was bursting. 
Later that day as we drove home and I reflected on the day I was happy to know that moving back to Iowa has put us closer to family and that Noah will grow up knowing his cousins, grandparents and the GREAT-grandparents and how important family has and is to my life.


1 comment:

ReBeCcA said...

very special indeed! I wish Nate knew his great grandparents!!