Sunday, January 17, 2010

The New Year

The new year has started and I am already feeling behind, how could that be?!?! It is amazing how days fly by so quickly without us giving it a single thought. Well another year full of new adventures awaits us and my hope for this year is to embrace every day and make the most of it. Not to wish it away but to live in it and enjoy the many blessings that God has placed in my life.

At work I continue to truck away at accreditation; working on portfolios and policies! I am not much of a policy writer but I am slowly becoming one, who knew. In the past year I have joined a small group of ladies for a very casual, once a month book club. In the past year I have read: The Shack (didn't finish it), Poisonwood Bible, 90 Seconds in Heaven, Year of Wonders (my pick), The Help, We Were the Mulvaneys, Memoirs of a Geisha....I think I am forgetting a book...? I have loved the time that we spend together and all of our different interpretations of the same book. I have also continued scrapbooking, I am a little behind on our family albums but will attend a weekend retreat in March that should catch me up.

David continues to plod on with his disertation and I admire him more and more every day as I (we) learn about the process and live through another edit. He stills hangs out with Noah a couple days a week and then is on campus the other couple of days. He has also really enjoyed managing a journal that TCU has published for the last few years. He will present at a conference with Spring in Louisville, he is pretty pumped about the experience.

Noah, well you all keep pretty up to date on Noah but this year will hold some big developments in his life. I can't even begin to imagine what he will be able to do, say and comprehend by this time next year. I have in the back of my mind that perhaps he will move to a big boy bed, if we are lucky not having to be restrained to a highchair for meals (the kid has jumping beans in this pants) and a tremendous vocabulary....I guess we will see!

Hope the new year brings you bright possibilities!

No comments: